Working Together to Improve the Health and Well-Being of Alamance County.
Healthy Alamance is a local public health non-profit organization affiliated with Alamance County Health Department and Alamance Regional Medical Center. We are a 501c3 non-profit organization.
Collaborating with local partners, the umbrella of Healthy Alamance provides a forum for community leaders and residents to come together to identify health needs and mobilize resources to address crucial issues in order to improve the quality of life in Alamance County.
In carrying out our mission, we pursue the following objectives on an ongoing basis:
- Assess the health of the community
- Identify & prioritize community health issues
- Identify existing community health resources
- Facilitate program development with direction from the community
- Promote agency collaboration
- Provide education to the community related to the areas of focus
- Serving as a referral source for health information
Extra, extra read all about it!
The PARC (Physical Activity & Recreation Challenge) Passport Program is back by popular demand, with new & exciting program features. Mark your calendars to participate in this Fun, Fit & FREE scavenger hunt (for all ages).
Healthy Alamance will be hosting two promotional booths for the program in partnership with the Alamance County Health Department:
· Be Healthy Now, kick off event, Saturday April 5th 10am – 12pm North Park’s Mayco Bigelow Center (Burlington)
· Active City Streets, open streets event, Saturday May 3rd 10am – 3pm downtown Burlington
The PARC Passport program will begin on Saturday May 3rd
and run through July 15th 2014
*** Get Active & Win Prizes ***
PARC Passport Program information will be posted on our website so check back for more details. More Info here